- Reports of students missing from the Viking Woods residences are directed to the 警察局 Supervisor who investigates the report and initiates the notifications and missing person activities as appropriate.
- Each student living in the Viking Woods on-campus student housing facility has the option to register a confidential contact person to be notified in the case that the student is determined to be missing and that only authorized campus officials and law enforcement officers in furtherance of a missing person investigation may have access to this information.
- All Viking Woods residents are advised, even if they have not registered a contact person, that the local law enforcement will be notified that the student is missing.
- All Viking Woods residents, less than 18 years of age and not emancipated, are advised that their parent or guardian must be notified.
- All missing persons reports are submitted to the 警察局 Supervisor who 确保 that the official missing student reports are referred immediately to local law enforcement as appropriate.
- When an individual reports to a Viking Woods Residential Advisor or the Director that a resident has been missing for 24 hours, the Director immediately contacts the 警察局 Supervisor who initiates the investigation and missing person procedures.